Thursday, December 20, 2012

Peppermint Lemon - A New Tradition

My daddy has a little bit of everything growing in his yard. However, Little Mister has always loved his little lemon tree. This year we brought a few home and decided to make a 'new' Christmas tradition around here.
First, we rolled the lemon and squeezed it to get the insides all juicy. My little guy really enjoyed this part!!
When I could talk him into giving me back the lemon, I cut a small X on one side. I carefully inserted a candy cane which, by the way, I had cut both ends off. [Cutting the cane allows the exposed porous ends to easily become a straw.]
The candy cane's  sweetness helps the "tang" of the lemon somewhat!
As you can see by the pictures, He really enjoyed it.



I saw this lemon straw somewhere but can't remember. If you have posted it before, feel free to contact me so I can link back to you!
Hope you are beyond blessed during this Christmas season!

11 comments:

  1. What a cool trick! Love it! Will try it with my kids! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a cool idea and I can tell that he loved it! I'm linking up from the Harvest of Friends Blog Hop. I would love for you to follow me back!
    http://www.navywif33.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stopping by from the blog hop. Cute idea, my youngest loves lemons. We go through at least a bag a week.
    www.cheermamadrama.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice blog. Nice explanation with helpful information.
    For sofa repair work contact thesofastore gives
    Sofa Repair Services in Jayanagar,Bangalore

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its a really very impressive blog.Thank you for sharing.
    Visit website for best astrological services contact. Best Astrologer in Tumkur

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the great post!

    Durgaanugarha astrology center. vashikaran Astrologer In davangere

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good post thanks for share information.
    The best astrological services contact. Best Astrologer In Kamakshipalya

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice blog. Nice explanation with helpful information.
    For sofa repair work contact thesofastore gives
    Sofa Refurbishing in Kathriguppe,Bangalore

    ReplyDelete