Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Sorting Carton

We like to be outside. Little Mister also likes to collect things when we go. If I forget to take along a bucket or bag on our explorations I end up with sagging pockets, or worse yet, having to hold the bottom of my shirt up to create a pouch for treasures! So, I decided to take matters into my own hands and save my wardrobe from ruin!

Objective- Awareness of sorting (MS Early Learning Guidelines for Infants and Toddlers: Mathematical Development- places objects in containers 2.3.1)

Materials- egg carton, different color acrylic paints, brush

Procedure-
1. Paint each section of an egg carton a different color. Allow to dry.
2. Take a nature walk and find objects that correspond with all the colors in your carton.

You can do so many variations of this activity indoors or out!
Indoors you can give them a bowl of small various items from around the home and have them sort by colors to match each section in the carton.
Try: pom-poms, buttons, beads, bottle caps, crayons, hard candy, small toys, I could go on and on here!
Outside the list is endless: flowers, rocks, twigs, bugs, dirt, grass, berries, you get the picture!






1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this information and keep posting.
    Lingayat Matrimony Bangalore has started the matrimony to supply matrimony services.

    ReplyDelete